Wednesday, March 2, 2011

sights & words.

Some months ago I had a conversation with a co-worker; though we have had small talk in the time we worked together, this was the first time we had a full conversation. And it was great! We talked about travel, cultures and food. He then asked if I had read The Road to Lost Innocence, which I hadn't. So lovely he brought the book the next day for me to read. And read I did. The book is the true story of Somaly Mam, a child in Cambodia sold into sex slavery. Somaly is now an adult and risks her life to help other children. A great book and look into the reality of children sold into the sex slave industry.
I had caught a glimpse of the trailer for Biutiful, and was like... I gotta see that. I didn't even know what it was about, but it looked so aesthetically beautiful, or should I say, biutiful? Ok, that was too easy. Finally on a rainy day in LA, sis I and headed to one of the theatres that was showing it (limited release). I sat down, oblivious to even the synopsis of the movie, and took the 2 hour and 43 minute journey. I loved this movie, as sad, funny, horrid, ugly and triflin' as what happened was, it is reality. Watch it if you can.
In the meantime, the trailer is here.

Followers