Tuesday, March 8, 2011

the study living of life.

"Your planet is very beautiful," he said. "Does it have any oceans?"
"I couldn't say," said the geographer.
"Oh!" The little prince was disappointed. "And mountains?"
"I couldn't say," said the geographer.
"And cities and rivers and deserts?"
"I couldn't tell you that, either," the geographer said.
"But you're a geographer!"
"That's right," said the geographer, "but I'm not an explorer."

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery
The Little Prince (1943)

I'd like to add that you don't necessarily need to jump on a plane to explore (though it is wonderful to see different people and places). So many jewels can be found in your own town and surrounding. Los Angeles offers so much, and it's great to drive atleast a few miles to experience new things. Support mom and pops restaurants and stores; visit cultural centers, shows, art. You'll be amazed at all the lovely things that are waiting to be explored.

Followers