Thursday, November 4, 2010

when in highland park...

Highland Park is definitely a place I have yet to explore, and going to Milagro-Allegro Community Garden was a great opportunity to take a look around (even if brief).
I had a new GPS and I'm the type of gal that reads manuals later. Like. Way later. I didn't know why it was taking me on a Tour de France Highland Park, and then hello! I realized it was on the "bicycle path" setting. The good thing about all that was driving by the Good Girl Dinette. It was so cute and it's simplicity is what actually made it stand out to me. I had set it in my dome that I would be returning back to eat there at some point.
At the garden the Good Girl was mentioned as they give their scraps to the garden to use for compost. They also mentioned that they use local and sustainable ingredients; already this place was sounding quite alright to me. Sis and I returned the following day, and boy was it yum to the tum. They serve Vietnamese food. I had the chicken baguette with spicy fries, sis had the vegetarian pho, we both shared the coffee brownie dessert and coconut pudding. The food was great. And will I return? Too late, I already have. If you're in the area I suggest you check it out too, even if you have to purposely drive there, this is a great spot to support, which in turn supports the community.



110 N. Avenue 56
Los Angeles, CA 90042
(323) 257-8980





Followers