Thursday, November 11, 2010

Beyond Eden Art Show

The Beyond Eden Art Show took place on October 9th at Barnsall Park in the LAMAG. I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was held in a huge space with so many artists represented. (There is a smaller gallery right behind it that I have visited prior to). Here are some of the pieces I really enjoyed.
I really liked the bee representation of this artist.

How can you not love a fish with that face? Well... atleast stare for a bit.


I loved this piece, especially since it was a PAINTING, looks like a picture right?

A saint for today? Major corporations like Coca-Cola, Budweiser and Pepsi represented here. Say word.

Mierda means shit in Spanish, so I just had to...

I grew up with a paleta man in my neighborhood. This was one of a two part painting. Which was titled "Mexican-American". The first one was an Aztec with the words "Mexican" on it and this was the second piece, with the words "American" on it. I found the visual to be pretty deep.

Fresh graf piece, this artist uses newspaper comics in the background; and can definitely be appreciated more in person due to detail.

Nazi gnomes, what the hell? I love gnomes and found it pretty hilarious.

Give alittle bit of yourself why don't you?

Followers