Sunday, October 17, 2010

when in brooklyn...

Wow, I can't believe it has been about 10 months since my visit to these two places I am about to recommend, but here you go kids.

First place: Madiba Restaurant
In reality Madiba was our plan B spot; I've been wanting to try Jive Turkey for quite some time and we end up going on the one day it's closed, and so off to Madiba we went (and I'm glad we did!) The restaurant is so cozy and colorful, perfect for the cold winter night in which we went to. We first ordered Amagwinya Vetkeok (fatcakes) a delicious fried dough served with marmalade. It stated "artery-clogging and delicious" it seemed quite right to give it a try. For the main course I enjoyed the Yebo Burger with salmon. Yum yum. The restaurant was a pleasurable experience in thanks to the company (my sister), the ambiance and food. Give it a try when in the area!
Madiba Restaurant
195 DeKalb Ave., Brooklyn, NY 11205
at Carlton Ave.
718-855-9190
source

Secondly, Desserts by Michael Allen. This quaint shop is located in the Clinton Hill area. There is a seating area, a couple little tables and couch. The fam and I ordered a couple of the cupcakes, cookies, madelienes and coffee; all were enjoyable!

Desserts by Michael Allen
1015 Fulton Street
Brooklyn, NY 11238
718-230-3360

Followers