Sunday, November 16, 2008

Last night I had a dinner party. Theme: Fall Harvest. The Fall is such a yummy season; browns and oranges, peaches and yams, cool breezes and hot tea, men and scarves (or rather men rockin' scarves).

The dinner went great! I am really blessed to have such beautiful friends that are all talented in an array of things. We ate, sipped, laughed, conversed, played games and had seconds.

The menu:
Appetizers:
Tomatillo Salsa with Chips
Wine almond crusted cheese with Crackers, Strawberries and Grapes

Main Meal:
Corn Chowder
Turkey Salisbury Steaks
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Rosemary Chicken
Candied Yams
Salmon Croquettes with Garlic Paprika Dip
Macaroni 'n Cheese
French Baguette
Baby field greens with Cranberry Walnut Dressing

Desserts:
Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcakes
Mexican Hot Chocolate Cupcakes

Sooooo, my digi-cam was hella MIA and I did not get to take pics of the table. When it was found there was not much to take a picture of, which definitely is a good sign.

Also, I'd seen a wish tree in a foreign flick. When me and sis were in Pasadena one day going to Laemelle's, I saw all these wish trees and was excited; we contributed by adding our wishes to one of the trees. Come to find out it's a Yoko Ono project. I was inspired by that and decided to create one for the party. This one would not only be a wish but also a thank tree.



To read about the Pasadena Wish Trees go to:
http://imaginepeace.com/news/archives/670

Followers